|World Summit Award
Ljubljana / Slovenia, August 19, 2013
iHELP from Slovenia is nominated by an international jury of ICT experts to enter the next round of the 2013 World Summit Award (WSA) in e-Health & Environment. iHELP will compete against almost 500 outstanding e-Content products and applications from 168 countries in front of the WSA’s Grand Jury from Aug. 29 to Aug. 31 in Estonia’s capital city, Tallinn.
iHELP is a new way for saving lives with mobile application, wristband and network of rescuers. With our own intelligent iHELP solution we can reduce time for help and effectively increase chances of survival.
We are bringing to the market two innovative products for saving live:
- iHELP mobile application that via SOS notification automatically informs family members, friends, ambulance service and all iHELP users within a radius of 300 meters from the casualty. With this we achieve faster rescuing and increase the probability of survival up to 70%! We inform the injured person about the status of the SOS alarm; how many people receive SOS alarm, how many have responded and in what time they can come. The application also provides educational content of first aid and locations of defibrillators. If we bring a defibrillator to injured person within 2 minutes after the accident, we raise the probability of survival by 50%.
- iHELP bracelet, which will provide a new way of saving life. It will provide rapid notification of emergency services. If you don’t have a phone with you and you need help, you just press the button on the wristband. If you have a heart attack the wristband will recognize a problem, because it has an integrated pulse sensor and will automatically send SOS alarm
Our unique value is:
- Biggest HELP emergency network (connecting family, friends, ambulance service, first responders and laypeople, locally and globally)
- Alert is sent to iHELP users in radius of 300 meters or more from the victim
- Application optimize the rescue process, user - rescuer is sent to the victim, other users are sent to pick up the AED and bring it to the victim
- We reduce time of help for more than 10 times! You don’t have to spent time waiting on phone line (112 / 911 / 999) and explaining what is wrong, where you are, ... With iHELP application you just activate care network in less than 20 seconds!
- Effectively increase chances of survival: In optimal conditions iHELP can increase chances of survival up to 70% in case of sudden cardiac arrest! Today chance of survival in case of sudden cardiac arrest is around 7%.
- Increasing safety and saving lives (by connecting family members, providing knowledge of first aid, locations of defibrillators; activating iHELP network in less than 20 seconds)
- Saving money (lower premiums for life & health insurance)
- Social responsibility: iHELP will actively help build AED network as part of revenues are donated for new AEDs. Location is determined by community needs and engagement.
In the first round of the international competition, an online jury will now valuate the ventures, creating a shortlist of 15-20 projects in each of the eight categories.
After this, in a three-day process in late August, the WSA Grand Jury, consisting of international renowned ICT experts and industry leaders, will meet in Tallinn/Estonia to evaluate the submissions from the remaining nominees and select the 40 best products. The jury members of the Grand Jury come from all continents and have backgrounds in the creative industries, telecommunication, advertising, journalism and research, as well as in teaching. The jury will be hosted by national partners such as the Estonian ICT Cluster.
Finally, the 40 world's best e-Content applications (5 products in each of the WSA categories) are selected to present their products in front of an international audience in Colombo/Sri Lanka from Oct. 23 to Oct. 25.
The categories of the World Summit Award (WSA):
e-Government & Open Date
e-Health & Environment
e-Learning & Science
e-Entertainment & Games
e-Culture & Tourism
e-Media & Journalism
e-Business & Commerce
e-Inclusion & Empowerment
iHELP is nominated in e-Health & Environment.
WSA World Congress 2013 in Sri Lanka
After the selection in Estonia, the 40 WSA winners will get the chance to present their products at the WSA World Congress in Sri Lanka, Oct. 23 to Oct. 25. The event will offer a platform for high level experts, industry leaders and government representatives to discuss innovation in mobile content. At the event, an on sight jury will again evaluate the products to select eight overall winners: The WSA Global Champions 2013.
“With the winners from World Summit Award in e-Content, Colombo will host the best digital producers, interaction designers and content developers from all around the world. They will demonstrate the richness and diversity of the content industries. With Estonia, a country where the access to free internet is a fundamental right of the people, we are glad to have found the perfect location for the Grand Jury.” (Peter A. Bruck, chairman of the World Summit Award)
About the World Summit Award
The World Summit Award (WSA) is the global follow-up initiative of the United Nations World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) organised by the International Center for New Media (ICNM), Salzburg, Austria. It partners with the key UN organisations and agencies in the framework of the UN Geneva Agenda and the Tunis Action Plan and selects and promotes the world's best e-Content and innovative ICT applications; to date more than 160 countries are actively involved. Through national pre-selections and contests together with a global jury process, WSA demonstrates the local diversity and rich creativity of ICT use. WSA is a global hub for everyone who values the crucial importance of local content to make today’s information society more inclusive.
Visit us on www.wsis-award.org, facebook.com/WorldSummitAward and twitter.com/WSAoffice
Media Contact iHELP:
00386 – 40 691 862
Media Contact World Summit Award:
Press and Communications Manager
World Summit Awards (WSA, WSA-mobile)